Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday Wishlist: Sheikasaurus Rex

23 years ago, I, Sheikasaurus Rex was born. It looked something like this.



Ok, I lied. The real thing involved the death of an entire planet, rocket launchers and few ninjas thrown in the mix. To celebrate this day, I want only 3 things.

1) My very own zombie army.
2) A cow-print elephant.
3) To get jiggy with it in a jell-o discotheque with Albert Einstein as the DJ.

Barring these 3 very modest wishes, I will settle for these instead.

1. Damask Nonsense Big Hair Bow


Not only would this giant hair-bow match my glorious monochromatic color scheme, all proceeds go to Charity! Specifically, to the Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research who work with their West Coast colleagues, International Bird Rescue Research Center, and the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to manage the rehabilitation of oiled wildlife. (*Note: BP has made a solid commitment to covering the costs associated with the response to the incident in the Gulf of Mexico, including the wildlife aspect. Donations from this shop support Tri-State’s mission and their ongoing efforts, not specifically the Gulf Coast oil spill.) See more awesome gift-ideas at CraftAnon4Charity.com.



2. SEEING SPOTS patchwork armwarmers fingerless gloves


I am told recycling is good to keep your Earth planet alive. I like this idea because I like the Earth...it keeps me supplied with delicious baby animals to eat. These arm-warmers are made of 100% recycled scraps that would normally be thrown out.


3. Plant a garden for health in Rwanda - $15


Contrary to popular belief, I am 100% a carnivore. If I had it my way, rabbit-food would be outlawed! It has come to my attention, however, that you humans happen to enjoy rabbit-food. In the interest of propagating your species so as to provide fodder for my upcoming zombie army, I highly suggest funding the planting of local sustainable gardens for those in Rwanda.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheikasaurus Rex is a Long Beach, California based artist who keeps a semi-daily autobiographical webcomic at www.OMGcow.blogspot.com

She has fictional shorts in the form of mini-comics in the works, as well as dabbling in oil paint and photography.

She is also getting tired of talking in third person.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post and amazing gift ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! And I'm flattered that you chose some of my armwarmers!!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would buy you all that if I could ;) I love your birth picture. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheika you are so awesome!! I so love that one of your gifts would be for someone else ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete